NOTE: The below update guide works only on Ascend Mate 7 L09/TL10 running on B326 Lollipop build. Don’t try or attempt to install this on any other variant. If does, you may brick your device.
OTA Firmware Update Info:
• Device: Huawei Ascend Mate 7 MT7-L09/MT7-TL10.
• Firmware: Android 6.0 Marshmallow EMUI 4.0.
• Build Number: MT7-L09C185B511/ MT7-TL10C185B511.
• Region: Middle East/Africa.
• Status: Official (beta).
→ Your smartphone should be on B326 Lollipop build before installing the update.
→ Ensure to make backup of all the important data on the device.
→ Your device battery level should be up to 70%.
→ Download and install Huawei USB drivers on PC [Download]
Huawei Ascend Mate 7 MT7-L09 – Download (857.3 MB)
Huawei Ascend Mate 7 MT7-TL10 – Download (857.3 MB)
1. Download latest firmware “update.zip” from the above given link based on your smartphone model.
2. Now, do not extract the downloaded firmware, transfer it to device SD card with the help of USB cable. You need to copy it in the folder named “dload”.
3. Once done, disconnect the smartphone from PC.
4. Now go to Settings →Updates →Menu →Locate Update →Browse and select “Update.zip” package and confirm.
5. That’s it! Now the system will start installing the latest update.
Once done, the device will reboots automatically and then you’re all set to enjoy the new Marshmallow 6.0 firmware.
As an alternative to the above method, you can also use the Recovery mode to install the OTA firmware.